четверг, 8 декабря 2011 г.

The theatre chicks





When I was a little lady, my dad has always been telling me that theatre is a special place, where all girls wear out all their fancy clothes and jewelry, all guys – suits and shoes. That different people gather to enjoy the Art, comedy or drama, ballet and opera.  Back in the days my mum always put the best of my dresses on me, and I had a feeling of a holiday, of the wonderful celebration of Life every time my family Went Out to the Theatre. 




Well, a lot has changed and every time I go to the theatre I am shocked by how different it is form what my parents have been teaching me. More LV, Gucci, Hermes and other exclusive brands I don’t even see in the best clubs and lounges of Moscow. December in Moscow remember? You won’t see anything warmer than shoes, even open-toe! Light blouses, wonderful dresses – everyone super dressed up. It seems so beautiful from the first sight. And then, surprisingly, you see Ipads. Why would you take a gadget to a place like that? Girls think it’s cool that you carry it around with you even here? I wonder if they post in Twitter:” I am in the theatre bathroom, checking my make-up. I am at home, having sex with my husband. I am feeding his cat, which I hate”. Theatre outfits have always been fashionable, but it never - label show-off, more of a chic, classic fashion. It has never been anything close to the club/glitter/street look. It’s sad that girls want to show how successful they are, how much money they’ve got even here. I was hoping it would stay within other spheres of Moscow evening/night life. Nope.


 I had a theatre look – a little black dress on, black suede high heels and a little clutch. Apparently I should have taken one of my Louis, the bigger the better, according to these ladies. I should have put on a glitter skirt, the shorter the cooler. Or take an awesome gadget? And check my mail during the performance? It’s not style or fashion – it’s the lack of education, not even the fashion, but the regular one. I should start a special “How to behave in places like that” course – and will probably become famous.




Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий